FOR SALE BY ONLINE AUCTION 5TH OCTOBER 2023 AT 9.00AM. Prime development opportunity. Potential commercial / residential development (STP). Large 3 storey office space circa 13,500 sqft with parking. Huge potential for residential / commercial development (STP). Rarely available premises.
Online Property Auctions Scotland are delighted to present this exciting commercial investment opportunity.
PRIME DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITY: 1456 – 1460 MARYHILL ROAD, GLASGOW, G20 9DQ
* Seldom seen for sale***
* 100% Prime West End Property
* Fabulous opportunity to acquire a full 3 storey building circa 13,500 sq ft with parking
* Former Maryhill Job Centre
* Great potential
* Prime West End location on Maryhill Road
* Prominent position on main road with great visibility
* Large volume of passing daily traffic
* Seller will provide a Title Indemnity Clause
* 932 Maryhill Road (House) Sold £350k (Oct 22)
* 154 Maryhill Rd 3/1 Sold £165,500 (June 23)
* 103 Maryhill Rd Flat 6 Sold £165,007 (June 23)
* 150 Maryhill Road 3/2 Sold £168k (April 23)
* LOW CAPITAL COST OF £37 PER SQ FT (at guide price)
* Potential rents in excess of £10 per sq ft
* £135,000 per annum subject to use and light refurb:
* Potential re-development opportunity with (STP)
* Potential of 20+ one bed flats (STP)
* This substantial building offers a great opportunity to acquire a massive building in reasonable internal condition with fantastic asset management possibilities (subject to consents)
Positioned on Maryhill Rd, the subject property is located three miles north west of Glasgow City Centre on main arterial route to Bearsden. Access to the site is taken via Maryhill Road. The M8 motorway can be easily accessed at junction 16 travelling east and junction 17 travelling south. Public transport links are immediately available along Maryhill Road, and suburban railway stations are also within close proximity to the subjects. The surrounding area is in mixed use, with retail, leisure, residential and office accommodation in the vicinity of the subject site. Notable occupiers in the immediate vicinity include Tesco, McDonald’s, Subway and JD Gyms. The subjects comprise an office building arranged over three floors, providing primarily open plan office accommodation. The building was constructed circa 1950. The property is of concrete frame construction under a flat roof.*** There are a number of dedicated car parking spaces to the front and rear of the building. The remainder of the site is grassed and slopes upwards. The property is currently occupied by a Local Boxing club but will be sold with vacant possession…A small section of the site is not owned by the vendors. Any buyer must check the legal pack to confirm. We understand that the previous occupants of the building had uninterrupted use of the property for their entire use of the subject which was in excess of 30 years.**** Possible Potential residential conversion Opportunity / Workshop Units / Self storage / Business Centre / Leisure Use All subject to Planning.
THE TRANSACTION WILL BE SUBJECT TO VAT AT THE CURRENT RATE.
To view legal documents for all properties, and to register for our online auctions please visit our website.
Purchases are subject to a Buyer’s Premium. There may also be additional fees on certain properties. Please refer to the Articles of Roup/Special Conditions in the Legal pack to confirm. Please pay special attention to the legal pack for this property.
Fantastic development opportunity
Potential residential / commercial development (STP)
High demand location
* Generally speaking Guide Prices are provided as an indication of each seller's minimum expectation, i.e. 'The Reserve'. They are not necessarily figures which a property will sell for and may change at any time prior to the auction. Virtually every property will be offered subject to a Reserve (a figure below which the Auctioneer cannot sell the property during the auction) which we expect will be set within the Guide Range or no more than 10% above a single figure Guide.
By setting a proxy bid, the system will automatically bid on your behalf to maintain your position as the highest bidder, up to your proxy bid amount. If you are outbid, you will be notified via email so you can opt to increase your bid if you so choose.
If two of more users place identical bids, the bid that was placed first takes precedence, and this includes proxy bids.
Another bidder placed an automatic proxy bid greater or equal to the bid you have just placed. You will need to bid again to stand a chance of winning.