FOR SALE BY ONLINE AUCTION THURSDAY 5TH OCTOBER AT 9.00AM. Idyllic plot of land with sea view located on picturesque Orkney Island. Circa 201.48sqm. Incredible opportunity for use as a camping/caravan site or for a self-build holiday cottage (STP).
• This freehold piece of land on one of Scotland's beautiful Orkney Islands is a fantastic investment opportunity. With gorgeous views of the north sea and neighbouring islands, this would be the ideal plot for a self-build holiday cottage, providing you and your family the perfect getaway from your busy lives (subject to planning consents)
• The plot of land is roughly 200sqm and could also be used as a camping/caravan site - current Orkney tent pitching fees are roughly £15-£30 per night. The land is nearby the Lairo water, which is a wetland renowned for a wide variety of bird species, and would be the ideal spot for bird watchers and ornithology enthusiasts.
• Shapinsay is one of the Orkney Islands, found of the north-west coast of Scotland, and the main settlement of Balfour has a regular ferry service from Kirkwall, Orkney's largest town.
• Orkney has often been voted the best place to live in the UK, and has won the title of Best Place to Live in Scotland for the last 8 years. This is mainly due to its stunning landscapes, low crime rates and quiet island life. Orkney is also a popular tourist destination, to both mainland Scots and international travellers alike.
• With the increase in popularity of the staycation type holiday brought about by the pandemic, now is the perfect time to set up your own holiday getaway.
To view legal documents for all properties, and to register for our online auctions please visit our website.
Purchases are subject to a Buyer’s Premium. There may also be additional fees on certain properties. Please refer to the Articles of Roup/Special Conditions in the Legal pack to confirm.
Plot of Land Circa 204.02
Located on the Beautiful Shapinsay Island in Orkney
Perfect Location for Holiday Cottage or Caravan Site
* Generally speaking Guide Prices are provided as an indication of each seller's minimum expectation, i.e. 'The Reserve'. They are not necessarily figures which a property will sell for and may change at any time prior to the auction. Virtually every property will be offered subject to a Reserve (a figure below which the Auctioneer cannot sell the property during the auction) which we expect will be set within the Guide Range or no more than 10% above a single figure Guide.
By setting a proxy bid, the system will automatically bid on your behalf to maintain your position as the highest bidder, up to your proxy bid amount. If you are outbid, you will be notified via email so you can opt to increase your bid if you so choose.
If two of more users place identical bids, the bid that was placed first takes precedence, and this includes proxy bids.
Another bidder placed an automatic proxy bid greater or equal to the bid you have just placed. You will need to bid again to stand a chance of winning.