SALE BY ONLINE AUCTION THURSDAY 8TH APRIL 2021. Massive 11 Acre site in Moffat, Dumfries & Galloway. Excellent potential for redevelopment - commercial or residential (STP). Land includes dilapidated former cottage building.
· ***Restoration / project property*** Massive 11 acre site with dilapidated former cottage building*** Previously benefitted from having planning permission to redevelop the cottage into a Luxury Home*** Unrivalled transport links: Minutes to M74 Motorway connecting Scotland & England**
· Excellent location close to M74 Motorway Junction*** Fabulous access for travel***POSSIBLE POTENTIAL OPPORTUNITY FOR COMMERCIAL DEVELOPMENT (STP))) Would make a fantastic accessible holiday home*** Staycation holiday lets potential (subject to consents)***
· Sales in nearby postcodes: ‘Holmshaw’ Sold £425k (Nov 20)***Glenarberry Sold £230k (Oct 20)*** Evanview Sold £280k (Jan 20)*** Valenciennes Sold £225k (July 2019)*** There is potential to create a very valuable residential development on this site (subject to consents)
· Unique Site with abundance of potential: Ideal for creating a unique countryside ‘bolthole’, with fantastic transport links: Perfect for those with horses: Benefits from having circa 7 acres of grazing land***
· Auctioneers Summary: Unique property in rural yet highly accessible location. Perfect redevelopment opportunity for someone with vision and building experience. Massive potential on Large 11 acre site***
*** Massive 11 acre site with dilapidated former cottage building**Previously had planning consent for restoration of cottage into luxury residential accommodation (now lapsed)*** The site offers possible potential redevelopment opportunities including Industrial / Commercial development (subject to planning)***Beattock is a quaint commuter village immortalised in W.H Auden’s poem: Night Mail.*** Popular holiday location with a plethora of outdoor pursuits including some magnificent scenic hikes in the form of: Southern Upland Way & Annandale Way*** The larger & vibrant town of Moffat is located circa 0.5 miles form Beattock and is a conservation area with a rich heritage and history and a thriving cultural and creative scene. Moffat boasts local shops, hotels and award winning restaurants, primary and secondary schools, doctors surgery. Moffat Academy is a combined nursery, primary and secondary school. In terms of recreation, there is a theatre, art galleries, a museum, tennis courts, a rugby club, a cricket pitch, a bowling green and an 18-hole golf course. Moffat hosts events throughout the year including the annual Moffat Gala and the South of Scotland Tennis Tournament. There is a more comprehensive range of shops and services in Dumfries and Carlisle, while Edinburgh and Glasgow are easily accessible both by car and public transport.*** Further recreational pursuits in the surrounding district include: golfing, sailing, boating, fishing, a large variety of field sports. Dumfriesshire is a region of contrasting landscapes ranging from the high tops of the Southern Upland Hills with beautiful forestry parks, to the sandy coastline of the Solway Firth.
To view legal documents for all properties, and to register for our online auctions please visit our website.
* Generally speaking Guide Prices are provided as an indication of each seller's minimum expectation, i.e. 'The Reserve'. They are not necessarily figures which a property will sell for and may change at any time prior to the auction. Virtually every property will be offered subject to a Reserve (a figure below which the Auctioneer cannot sell the property during the auction) which we expect will be set within the Guide Range or no more than 10% above a single figure Guide.
This auction is now closed.
Connecting to server...
By setting a proxy bid, the system will automatically bid on your behalf to maintain your position as the highest bidder, up to your proxy bid amount. If you are outbid, you will be notified via email so you can opt to increase your bid if you so choose.
If two of more users place identical bids, the bid that was placed first takes precedence, and this includes proxy bids.
Another bidder placed an automatic proxy bid greater or equal to the bid you have just placed. You will need to bid again to stand a chance of winning.