SALE BY ONLINE AUCTION THURSDAY 29TH JULY 2021. Incredible former Church Building in the Heart of the Idyllic Dumfriesshire Town of Borgue. Excellent Possible Development Potential (STP) over 3280 Sq Ft in size with Traditional features retained.
VIEW THE WALKTHROUGH TOUR - https://www.madesnappy.co.uk/tour/1g143g2d91
• Fabulous Gothic style church building in Idyllic Location. Rarely seen for sale in Exclusive Dumfriesshire Village*** Perfect Opportunity to develop into a Fabulous Holiday Home / Airbnb Rental (STP)*** Surrounded by a plethora of outdoor activities***Near to Borgue Beach
• Super size circa: 3280 sq ft*** This property is likely to attract Substantial Interest from Developers seeking a bespoke Opportunity to create something special*** Great Location with Huge amounts of space***
• NEARBY SALES: Neptune Park, Tongland Rd Sold £214k (March 21)*** Fishercroft, Tongland Rd Sold £210,225 (Nov 20)*** Whitehill, Ingleston Sold £180k (July 20)*** Tonguecroft House Sold £300k (Aug 18)*** Tigh-na-mara Sold £355,826 (June 16)*** Roberton House Sold £650k (Jan 15)***
• The church is situated within a rural location approximately two miles west of the B727 within the village of Borgue. The church building itself is located in an elevated position, overlooking the village with views out to the Galloway Hills and the Solway Firth.
• ***Great tourist location*** Discounted to Ensure Sale: Was previously marketed for O/o £60k*** Motivated Vendors looking to sell Fabulous Property***Sure to attract Interest from those seeking a Special Opportunity***
Online Property Auctions Scotland are delighted to offer to the market this substantial detached Category B listed former church building situated within the village of Borgue which benefits from having a primary school, village hall & traditional village hotel. The church is of Gothic design and dates from its initial construction phase in the early 19th century. Ideal for conversion into Magnificent House or alternative commercial venture including possible tourist facility (all subject to planning consents)*** The property is located within the heart of the Village*** Sales in local vicinity justify the potential on offer*** Numerous possible development options subject to gaining necessary building and planning consents*** A Marvellous Opportunity with incredible potential in a truly magnificent & Relaxing Setting*** Ideal Holiday Home or Commercial Venture in perfect Getaway Location*** The varied landscape and seascape of the Borgue area makes it highly desirable for outdoor activities with Local Recreational Pursuits Including: Alpaca Trekking, Sandy Beaches, Bird Watching, Fishing, Children’s activites, Cycling, Golf, Kayaking, Canoeing, rock climbing and Magnificent scenic Walks. There are railway stations in both Dumfries and Lockerbie providing excellent communications to the north and south. M74 access from both Lockerbie and Gretna.
Contact our office to arrange a viewing on this property.
To view legal documents for all properties, and to register for our online auctions please visit our website.
* Generally speaking Guide Prices are provided as an indication of each seller's minimum expectation, i.e. 'The Reserve'. They are not necessarily figures which a property will sell for and may change at any time prior to the auction. Virtually every property will be offered subject to a Reserve (a figure below which the Auctioneer cannot sell the property during the auction) which we expect will be set within the Guide Range or no more than 10% above a single figure Guide.
By setting a proxy bid, the system will automatically bid on your behalf to maintain your position as the highest bidder, up to your proxy bid amount. If you are outbid, you will be notified via email so you can opt to increase your bid if you so choose.
If two of more users place identical bids, the bid that was placed first takes precedence, and this includes proxy bids.
Another bidder placed an automatic proxy bid greater or equal to the bid you have just placed. You will need to bid again to stand a chance of winning.