FOR SALE BY ONLINE AUCTION THURSDAY 22ND SEPTEMBER AT 9.00AM. Turnkey licensed corner shop investment opportunity on Isle of Bute. High turnover opportunity in ideal high street location. All stock and fixtures included in price, providing immediate income stream. Circa 63.10 sqm.
• Online Property Auctions Scotland are delighted to present this incredible opportunity to acquire a potentially high-yielding turnkey commercial investment in the popular seaside town of Rothesay, Isle of Bute. The shop is situated on the corner of High Street and Union Street, in the heart of Rothesay's community.
• The location benefits from being near the shore and ferry terminal, as well as being close by the more residential areas of the town. The shop is a fixture of the town and receives a substantial amount of business from the nearby school and leisure centre. The shop has an eye-catching bright red exterior and noticeable signage, with a small outdoor seating area under a mounted canopy.
• The unit is roughly 36.64sqm and includes a toilet and a small kitchenette located by the sales counter. There is an additional basement storage area (roughly 28.46sqm) with access through a hatch and ladder from the kitchenette. There are multiple refrigeration units and freezer, as well as shelving throughout the store and a built in counter system with a coffee machine, a Rollover Hotdog machine (on lease), and a stand with Vape products. The kitchenette includes fitted cabinets, two sinks, a hotplate with overhead extractor fan, microwave and grill, and multiple under counter refrigerators.
• The shop is currently licensed to sell alcohol and has leases for the Rollover Hotdogs and payment system. All stock, fittings and fixtures are included in the final sale price making this an incredible turnkey opportunity with an immediate income stream. The property also benefits from CCTV cameras installed.
• Situated on the Isle of Bute, in the Firth of Clyde off the West Coast of Scotland. Bute is an area of outstanding natural beauty and is the most accessible of all the Scottish Islands. There are two regular ferry services to the island from Wemyss Bay, near to Glasgow and from Colintraive on the Argyll peninsula.
• Bute can be an activity based experience if you desire. Diving, walking, swimming, cycling, fishing, shooting, sailing and golf are amongst the activities on offer. It has also seen an explosion of quirky eateries, including an American diner with live entertainment, an authentic Italian, a French Moroccan bistro as well as traditional Inns offering Scottish fare.
• The island has also seen a wealth of new niche businesses in recent years. Bute hosts many festivals through out the year such as the highland games, jazz festival, Bute Noir book festival, LGBT pride march, classic car rally’s and Bute Song to name but a few. Bute has seen a surge in recent years of folks looking for a lifestyle change by relocating to the Island and travelling to the mainland for work. Excellent broadband access also means working from home on the Island is possible.
• The property is ideally positioned for easy access to the town and only a 20-minute walk down the high street to Rothesay Ferry terminal. Events such as the Cattle Show and annual Highland Games come with an influx of customers and can provide a good boost to business.
To view legal documents for all properties, and to register for our online auctions please visit our website.
Purchases are subject to a Buyer’s Premium. There may also be additional fees on certain properties. Please refer to the Articles of Roup/Special Conditions in the Legal pack to confirm.
Ideal Turnkey Cornershop in Rothesay
Well-sized Shop Unit with Additional Basement Storage Area - Circa 63.10 sqm total
Incredible Opportunity for Immediate Income Stream
* Generally speaking Guide Prices are provided as an indication of each seller's minimum expectation, i.e. 'The Reserve'. They are not necessarily figures which a property will sell for and may change at any time prior to the auction. Virtually every property will be offered subject to a Reserve (a figure below which the Auctioneer cannot sell the property during the auction) which we expect will be set within the Guide Range or no more than 10% above a single figure Guide.
By setting a proxy bid, the system will automatically bid on your behalf to maintain your position as the highest bidder, up to your proxy bid amount. If you are outbid, you will be notified via email so you can opt to increase your bid if you so choose.
If two of more users place identical bids, the bid that was placed first takes precedence, and this includes proxy bids.
Another bidder placed an automatic proxy bid greater or equal to the bid you have just placed. You will need to bid again to stand a chance of winning.