SALE BY ONLINE AUCTION THURSDAY 20TH OCTOBER 2022 AT 9.00AM. Mid-terraced ground floor retail unit in Kirkconnel, Dumfries & Galloway. Town centre location. Potential for Class 3 Hot Food Consent subject to planning. Potential rental income of £7,500 per year providing a yield of 26% at Guide Price.
***Planning permission granted***Potential for Class 3 Use***Located on a main arterial road***VAT free freehold opportunity***Free parking***
VIEW VIRTUAL TOUR - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlZATylfEek
• The property comprises a mid-terraced ground floor retail unit, contained within a building of brickwork construction with sandstone facade under a pitched and slated roof. Access is provided directly from the shop frontage. The accommodation comprises open plan retail space with a WC and store to the rear. The floor is of concrete and is carpeted. The walls are plaster/painted and ceilings incorporate spot lighting. Space heating is provided electrically.
• The accommodation has been measured in accordance with the RICS Property Measurement (2nd edition) Professional Statement and the following approximate area has been calculated on a net internal basis: 101.36 sq m (1,091 sq ft).
• The subjects fall within the Town Centre boundary in the adopted Local Development Plan 2 for Dumfries and Galloway. Unconditional planning consent has been granted (REF: 20/0764/FUL) for the change of use of the shop to form a 3 bedroom dwelling house. Appropriate uses which may be considered by the Council are detailed in the appropriate Policy. All planning queries should be made directly to Dumfries and Galloway Council.
• The property benefits from mains supply of electricity, water and drainage. Prospective purchasers should make their own enquiries to ensure that utilities and services are satisfactory for their requirements.
• According to the Scottish Assessors Association website, the subjects have a Rateable Value of £2,375. As the Rateable Value falls below £15,000, the owner/occupier may be eligible for 100% rates relief, subject to status.
*** A copy of the Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) is available upon request. ***
*** All prices quoted are exclusive of VAT, where applicable. The subjects are not elected for VAT, therefore, no VAT will be payable on the sale price.***
Entry will be available on completion of legal formalities.
Kirkconnel is a small town in Dumfries and Galloway, southwestern Scotland. It is located on the A76 near the head of Nithsdale. The property is situated on the north side of Main Street within the centre of the town, which forms the main arterial route through the town centre. Kirkconnel provides essential goods and services to the local community and surrounding area. Public transport is provided with both bus and rail links between Kilmarnock and Dumfries.
Please contact our office to arrange a viewing on this property.
To view legal documents relating to this property please visit our website.
Purchases are subject to a Buyer’s Premium. There may also be additional fees on certain properties. Please refer to the Articles of Roup/Special Conditions in the Legal pack to confirm. All prices quoted are exclusive of VAT.
Ground Floor Retail Unit
Town Centre Location
Potential Rental Income of £7,500pa/Yield of 26% at Guide Price
* Generally speaking Guide Prices are provided as an indication of each seller's minimum expectation, i.e. 'The Reserve'. They are not necessarily figures which a property will sell for and may change at any time prior to the auction. Virtually every property will be offered subject to a Reserve (a figure below which the Auctioneer cannot sell the property during the auction) which we expect will be set within the Guide Range or no more than 10% above a single figure Guide.
By setting a proxy bid, the system will automatically bid on your behalf to maintain your position as the highest bidder, up to your proxy bid amount. If you are outbid, you will be notified via email so you can opt to increase your bid if you so choose.
If two of more users place identical bids, the bid that was placed first takes precedence, and this includes proxy bids.
Another bidder placed an automatic proxy bid greater or equal to the bid you have just placed. You will need to bid again to stand a chance of winning.